Overview - Physics (Master) lab course nano electronics
For the term SS 2022 you can register for either the lab course nano electronics or solid state physics. More information can be found under General information labcourse nano electronics and general information lab course condensed matter physics.
For all participants:
- The registration for the lab course nano electronics for the term SS 2022 is open from 10.01.2022 until 04.02.2022 (click here).
- You can name a preferred partner and choose preference for experimental blocks between 05.02.2022 and 19.02.2022 (link).
- General information about the lab course (here).
- Marking scheme (here).
- Experiments and manuals (here).
Latest news and information for the term SS 2021:
- Covid-19 Update! The lab-course days at Research Center Jülich will take place online. Day of experiments are announced in the schedule (J-experiments)!
- Concerning Covid restrictions for experiments at RWTH and Research Center Jülich:
Experiments will take place in the "virtual mode" in April and May. The experiments M8, M12 will take place in real mode starting in June. Please read and follow the rules: (here)
- What is an experimental day during the "virtual" mode? (1) All participants stay at home and discuss the experiment with the tutor on a virtual platform (to be announced). This replaces the intro-discussion. Points (0-3) will be given by the tutor. (2) The tutor sends a dataset measured with the setup and explains some details to the group. Videos on moodle will support the understanding of the setup and the measurement procedures. This replaces the execution of the experiment. No points will be given for this part. (3) Based on the sent dataset, the group writes the protocol and sends it via email to the tutor within 2 weeks. Points (0-3) will be given for the protocol. Thus a virtual experiment has a total of 6 points. The maximum achievable number of points will be adapted accordingly. Likely you have questions about this new procedure. These questions will be answered during the introduction course in April.
- Block AB: An introduction will be given in March/April (online on 14.04. from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm see "Introduction to Laboratory Course Solid-State Physics, Nanoelectronics and Quantum Technology" in RWTHonline). Experiments in Aachen and Jülich will take place on Wednesdays during the lecture time and will start not earlier than 21st of April. Experiment assignment in Jülich and Aachen (Block B and A): (here). Use this legend document: (here).
- Block C: An introduction will be given by Dr. Schneller via zoom on 14.04.2021 from 4 pm to 5 pm.
- Block D: An introduction will be given by Prof. Knoch in April (date and room to be announced).
Due to the new data privacy protection policy we are not allowed to show the assignement anymore. The assignment will be sent via email and can be found in the moodle.